- Location: Miranda NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Working with Animals
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Bring along your good natured pet and spend time chatting with people living with dementia. You’ll see what a difference your furry friend can make.
As you're bringing your pet into an care environment with frail and elderly residents in a medium and high care cottages, we ask that your pet is
- Calm, patient and gentle in nature
- Up-to-date with vaccinations and treatment of worms and fleas
- Nails should be short and blunt. Freshly cuts nails can be sharp if not filed down.
- Dogs should be kept on a lead at all times.
This role will suit you if you have a small-medium sized pet and you're happy to just to sit and not necessarily talk all the time.
Ideally you’ll be available one hour a week or fortnightly for 12 months or longer. HammondCare is located at 19 Kiama Street, Miranda.
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity, specialising in dementia care. We are passionate about improving the quality of life for people in need and we have a wonderful group of volunteers that partner with us to enhance the lives of our residents. As our volunteer you’ll receive training and on-going support.
When you submit your enquiry, please include details on why you're interested in volunteering.