- Location: Epping VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
1-2 hours on weekends, flexible dependent on volunteer.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
internal training will be provided
police check paid by organisation
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
There is no specific skills or qualifications required for this position. However, the Citizen Advocate must be friendly and have compassion.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A Citizen Advocate is an unpaid member of the local community who is orientated and supported by the coordinator, to speak up on the behalf of a vulnerable person.
A 60y.o. lady with an intellectual disability and no family or informal supports would benefit greatly from an advocate who is prepared to spend some time to learn more about her and help look out for her interests and empower her to make decisions.
Full support is provided, so no experience is necessary, just an interest to make a positive difference to someone's life