- Location: Heidelberg VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
1 to 2 hours per week, flexible determined by the volunteer's availability.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
orientation and on-going support
police check paid by organisation and working with children check
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
NECA is a community based program in Darebin, Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea which creates a one-on-one relationship between a person with an intellectual disability and a volunteer.
A person with a mild intellectual disability living in Darebin would benefit from a volunteer to talk to occasionally over the phone or in person and support her to make decisions that impact her life.
Occasionally this may mean also speaking on her behalf in relation to issues at work to her employer, as she feels that sometimes her voice is not heard.
Full support is provided throughout your role, therefore you don't need any special qualifications or experience, just a keen interest to help.