- Location: Liverpool NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
4 hours, monthly Saturdays
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Driving & Transportation
- Food Preparation & Service
Orientation and ongoing support provided
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
Must be over 18
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
A social club for Stroke survivors and their carers, is in need of Volunteers. Volunteers are vital to the running of this Club and can’t exist without them.
Stroke Recovery Clubs are a meeting place for people to share their knowledge and experiences of Stroke. They provide an opportunity for group activities, speech practice, exercises and outings. Clubs provide critical support to those affected by Stroke – not just the person who has had the Stroke, but also their carers, family and friends.
About the Role:
- Time commitment is monthly on a Saturday, for 4 hours approximately (times tba)
- Set-up and pack-up of room furniture and equipment, as required by the Branch Coordinator
- Welcome the Stroke survivors and their caregivers
- Assist to serve refreshments
- Organise group activities, speakers and outings, with the assistance of carers and other Volunteers
- Occasional support as a backup driver (if you are able) for participants, to and from the Club
- Willingness to undergo a Police Check
- Commitment to treating others with dignity, courtesy and respect
- A friendly personality
- An understanding of the challenges facing Stroke survivors and their caregivers
- A genuine interest in helping Stroke survivors, and their caregivers, improve their quality of life
- Ability to work with other Volunteers and staff
- Excellent communication skills
By Volunteering in this capacity you would be helping to promote self-help, mutual support and integration of people affected by Stroke back into the community. If you would like to be part of this extraordinary team, we would love to hear from you!