- Location: Belconnen Dc ACT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
this is negotiable
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Fundraising & Events
- Retail & Sales
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
- Traffic Check *
- Working with Children Check *
In order to be considered for a volunteer position within our Op Shop you will need to have, or be willing to obtain your WWVP card (free for volunteers) and be willing to undergo a National Police Check (at our expense).
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Op-shop, located in Belconnen, sends all proceeds directly to those in our programs in Canberra. You can feel good knowing your efforts are helping to support people in your local community. Our store truly is run "for the community by the community"
You will be required to:
- Hold a current 'clean' Class C drivers license
- 5YR exp driving
- Collect our donations from sites located across Canberra
- Be efficient and have good work ethics
- Ability to work within an established team
Benefits of volunteering with the YMCA Canberra -
- Free off street parking
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Opportunity to make new friends whilst supporting your community
- Further opportunities to volunteer in other areas of the YMCA Canberra
- Subsidized Early Learning Center and Gym membership
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and will provide great customer service to our valued customers. We welcome applicants who can offer 1/2 to one day on a weekly or fortnightly basis.
YMCA, including Boards of Directors, is committed to the safety and well-being of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People framework. YMCA requires that all applicants undergo satisfactory screening prior to commencement, including but not limited to: • a national criminal history check; • an international criminal history check where applicants have worked overseas; • holding or obtaining a Working with Children Clearance/ equivalent in accordance with state/ territory laws; • Two reference checks. Any successfully appointed applicant will be required to adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Young People framework, which includes a thorough safeguarding children and young people induction and committing to upholding the safety and well-being of children and young people throughout their engagement with YMCA.