- Location: Sandringham VIC
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Tutoring & Coaching
Induction and disability awareness training
Myki Travel Costs
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Sensitive to individual needs of participants,
• Experience working with people with disabilities.
• Awareness of person-centred, strength-based support and practice.
• Sensitive to privacy issues and dignity of participant.
• Basic knowledge of public transport.
• Ability to be proactive and attentive in classroom, public and workplace environments.
• Ability to accept duty of care of participant in public and workplace environments.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Sandybeach Centre is an independent, not-for-profit, community co-operative society, established in 1982. We provide education and support services to people in the Bayside, Kingston and Glen Eira local government areas of Melbourne. The Centre is a registered training organisation, a Learn Local organisation, a Community College, a registered Disability Service Provider and a registered Occasional Childcare Centre. We are a hub of educational, social, recreational and cultural activities in the community. Sandybeach Centre is community owned and operated.
Participants will be matched with a one-to-one mentor who will support them to develop an individually tailored work placement plan, learn skills to become job ready and will then accompany them to a job interview and their weekly shifts at their volunteer/ work placement.
The incumbent will be required to have a current police check, Working with Children Check and be approved under the Disabilty Workers Employment Scheme (DWES). Please note a clear DWES is mandatory and must be completed before a Mentor can commence. The organisation undertakes the check on completion of a Statutory Declaration from the applicant.