- Location: Fortitude Valley QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
Volunteers wil be on call to assist in our upcoming events, workshops, and to provide customer service at our gallery and upcoming art exhibitions.
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Food Preparation & Service
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
Orientation, on the job training and access to access to broader organisation education
Security checks required for the position are supplied and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
Art from the Margins: 136 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, 4006.
Art from the Margins (AFTM) is currently looking for a pool of volunteers interested in being on call to assist in our upcoming events, workshops, and to provide customer service at our gallery and upcoming art exhibitions.
Since 2008, AFTM has been instrumental in bringing artists together and bridging the gap between artists living in isolation, the public, and the wider community. AFTM supports and promotes the work of artists living with adversity, disadvantage and social isolation, including artists living with mental health issues, physical or intellectual disabilities and homelessness. AFTM currently provides exhibition and professional development opportunities for over 400 artists living in and around the Brisbane area. AFTM is a creative initiative of Wesley Mission Queensland.
As part of this role, volunteers may be assisting in:
- Setting up and pack down of an event
- Customer service including greeting gallery visitors
- Serving food and refreshments
- Supporting staff where required
- Assisting with art workshops
- Providing tours of the gallery.
AFTM is located at 136 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, 4006, however, volunteers may be required in various locations in Brisbane.
AFTM is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally. There are lots of other benefits to volunteering with us as well, such as:
- We supply and pay for any security checks required for the position
- Access to online and face-to-face wellness advisors
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Exclusive shopping discounts
- Being part of a team making a difference in the lives of people in our community.
For more information on Wesley Mission Queensland, please visit our website.
We look forward to hearing from you!