- Location: Across: Gilles Plains SA, Modbury North SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Volunteers work in their own sheds/garages at their own pace and schedule.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Trades & Maintenance
Expenses reimbursed on presentation of receipts
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Working with Children Check *
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role be a maximum of 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Role description: Understand the requirements of the client, then design & cost a suitable solution. When approved, make or modify the device, then deliver &/or install it. Provide TADSA with details of the work performed & all of the out of pocket expenses – the volunteer is reimbursed for these expenses.
Role Requirement: A trade background in metalwork, timberwork, plastics or electronics, or a very skillful handy person, with their own workshop, machinery & equipment. Must have good communication skills and a sound Police Clearance. Volunteering is not onerous. Volunteers are not to be kept busy all of the time.