- Location: Middle Swan WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Other
9am to 2:30pm every Tuesday and Friday
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Trades & Maintenance
- Tutoring & Coaching
We will reimburse the cost of First Aid Training if necessary
- Have an interest in bicycles and an understanding of the B4H Objectives
- Current First Aid certificate
- Available to open and close the facility, 9:00am to 2:00pm Tuesdays & Fridays
- Have knowledge of keeping a volunteer workshop flowing and day to day workshop management
The Workshop Manager needs to be comfortable working with Volunteers with Disabilities who attend the workshop with their carers. Also must be comfortable working with people on court ordered community service (attending with a Court Officer)
The B4H WA Bike Shed is the Perth hub where donated second hand bicycles are collected, sorted, repaired and loaded into containers for shipping. B4H WA currently has a group of 10-15 regular volunteers who attend our Bike Shed workshop every Tuesday and Friday.
Our new Workshop Manager will be responsible to the Operations Coordinator and will:
- Liaise with OH&S Supervisor to maintain a safe working environment.
- Open and close the workshop
- Work with bike mechanics and repairers, understanding they are volunteers.
- Maintain tool boxes and audit of tools.
- Undertake site inductions where required.
- Liaise with Loadmaster for loading of export container.
- Maintain a quality standard for the various bicycle programs.
- Liaise with Corporate Volunteer groups, school groups and general public.
- Manage workshop security to include securing of containers.
- Manage bike sales when required,including issuance of receipts for sales.
- Maintain a supply of bicycle parts from supplier and salvaged from recycled bikes.
- Work towards increased workshop opening days per week when ready.
- Fill in for Operations Coordinator when he is away.