- Location: Preston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
A rostered session as negotiated with the Programme Leader. The position is on a voluntary basis. Approximately 3-5 hours per week/fortnight with volunteers reporting to the Coordinators.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Garden Maintenance
• All staff must attend at least one training session per year as organised by the organisation.
- Driver's Licence (F)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Good physical health
• Good ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
• Organised and efficient approach
• Sound knowledge of local areas
• Interest in local sustainable food
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
• To increase the use of existing urban food resources (public and private) to improve food security, and in particular to harvest the urban orchard and provide fresh fruit to DIVRS and other food relief agencies. • To create a more sustainable community by re-localising food production, distribution and consumption. • To help pick and collect excess fruit from households participating in the project. • Help publicise the project to attract households to donate excess fruit. • Travel to participating households in designated areas on street map. • Collect excess produce from tree(s) on premises as required on street map.