- Location: Heidelberg VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
9am-1:30pm, Thursdays. Most weeks during school terms.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Food Preparation & Service
Yes, on the job.
Lunch is provide.d
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
A Working with Children Card is required before volunteering in any activities.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We’re looking for volunteers who are caring, dependable and energetic to provide support, assist with activities and help out making sandwiches, in our drop-in centre.
Our drop-In centre provides friendly hospitality and activities for those living with a disability and the socially isolated. This role requires volunteers to talk with participants and help them with activities.
Your role would include:
- assisting with activities
- talking and socialising with participants
- if appropriate, assisting with making of sandwiches (with another volunteer)
- other tasks to support the activities