- Location: Airds NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Family Services
Type of work
• Anglicare induction • On-the-job training
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Anglicare’s Family services include the CaPS (Children & Parenting support) playgroups. The playgroup program provides valuable support services for families with children aged 0-5. Join our playgroup team as a volunteer.
- Assist in transferring resources from playgroup van to building.
- Assist with setting up equipment before parents arrive inside and outside the back of building in the enclosed yard.
- Assist with preparing food for morning tea (making sandwiches, cutting up fruit, making tea and coffee, putting out biscuits)
- Supervising activities and engaging with children 0-5yrs in age-appropriate play activities (ex: craft, playdough, painting)
- Talking with the parents and encouraging parent-child interactions.
- Support playgroup facilitators in group time (singing of songs or reading of stories, encouraging children and parents engagement)
- Assist with packing up/clean-up of hall. Packing up of resources and returning resources to playgroup van.
- Good communication and social skills
- Ability to work in a with others including volunteers and the playgroup facilitators
- Competency in setting up and packing up play group space
- A good fit with Anglicare’s Vision: Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened. Mission: Serving people in need, enriching lives, sharing the love of Jesus. Values: Integrity, Justice, Compassion, Excellence.
Hours/Days: Wednesdays 9.30am – noon (during school terms)
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to Wednesday mornings on a long-term basis.
Why Volunteer? • Make a difference in the life of a young mum and her child. • Work with a fun, friendly and supportive team. • Professional development opportunities
All applicants will be screened and interviewed. Police checks & Working with Children Checks will be conducted prior to commencing volunteering