- Location: Forrestfield WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
ideally during the week in the afternoons for 2 hours, although weekends may be available in some cases
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Translating & Interpreting
New Starter Induction (3 hours), Online Training (2 hours), Dementia Training (2 Hours)
- National Police Certificate *
Southern Cross Care WA will pay for and process police checks
Experience with Dementia would be beneficial
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Sundowning Support Volunteer are required for residents at Jeremiah Donovan House in Forrestfield.
Our OT and dementia teams welcome some support with afternoon sundowning. People with dementia may become more confused, restless or insecure late in the afternoon or early evening. They may become more demanding, restless, upset, suspicious, disoriented and even see, hear or believe things that aren’t real.
Most of our residents experience some form of dementia and volunteers will be trained and supported to volunteer in this area.
If you think you can make a difference to the lives of these or other residents by providing some support, we'd love to hear from you