- Location: Langford WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
Thursdays: 4.30pm - 6pm
- People Learning English
- People with disability
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
Complimentary Leadership Qualification - one day training
Reimbursement for Working with Children Check, Police Clearance and First Aid training.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
1. Commitment to the Girl Guides principles;
2. Good mentoring skills;
3. Positive role model to the girls and young women;
4. Ability to work with others and to bring out the best in them.
5. Sound organisational skills; and
6. Good communication skills both one on one and in groups.
All women 18+ are eligible to volunteer! A Working with Children check, Police clearance and First Aid training are required and Girl Guides WA will cover for these costs.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Girl Guides WA aims to empower girls and young women to become confident, self-respecting and responsible community members. Our Unit Leaders meet (usually weekly) with a group of girls of a specific age group of their preference in a community venue or school. Meetings run between 1.5 - 2 hours. During the meeting you will help girls develop skills, positive values and confidence through fun activities. You will be supported by a volunteer Region Manager and a team of other Leaders/Helpers. If you want less commitment, Unit Helper is an untrained role where you simply turn up and help out each week Becoming a Leader involves becoming a member of Girl Guides WA and participating in training. You don't need Guiding experience, just a positive and caring attitude. Apply today.