- Location: Winthrop WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday Saturday as required
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Garden Maintenance
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
on the job training available
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Acceptance of the principles, policies, aims and objectives of the City of Melville’s Piney Lakes Environmental Education Centre.
• A passion for environmental education.
• Friendly and willing to help and enjoys working with children and the community.
• Ability to accept and follow directions from Environmental Education Officer
• Ability to give directions and assistance to students.
• A basic knowledge of either native flora and fauna &/or sustainable living practices, or the desire to learn (with guidance)
• Effective communication skills including actively listening and responding.
• Good team member.
• Be approachable to the participants of the tour and be willing to answer questions.
• Willingness to attend relevant training, should it be required or requested.
• Attend building induction and training at Piney Lakes Environmental Education Centre, prior to first tour.
• Working with Children Check (for school tours)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
• Assist the Environmental Education Officer to deliver Education Programs to schools and community workshops run at PLEEC. • Assist with participants sign in, set up and pack up of tables and chairs, take photos and prepare and clean up food/catering. • Respond to children attending the excursion: answering questions, assisting with worksheets, assisting in minibeast hunt, water sample (macroinvertebrate) identification, etc. • Conduct tours/information sessions for schools/community activities (adults and children) on week-ends &/or night-walks • Assist Piney Lakes Environmental Education Centre staff in their delivery of bushwalks and/or building tours (training provided) • To maintain strict confidentiality in regard to all matters according to the policies specified by the City of Melville. • Any further duties as discussed