- Location: Across: Casuarina NT, Palmerston NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
Hours available from Monday to Friday between 8:30am - 2:00pm
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Writing & Editing
Induction and Training provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
STEPS will pay for the National Police Check
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Provide assistance to students under the direction of the Teacher and/or Trainer, which may involve facilitating small group activities, tutoring adult students one-on-one, reviewing class work or helping prepare training materials.
Assist students with their work, join in conversation practice, proofread and correct spelling, listen to reading, help students understand what they are expected to do. Support and encourage students to develop their skills, focusing on assisting and encouraging students in finding solutions themselves rather than providing the answers.
Provide administration support to the Teacher and/or Trainer, which could include printing, photocopying, resource preparation and classroom decoration. Comply with all relevant STEPS policies and procedures.
What we are looking for in a Volunteer:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate to all ages and abilities in a positive manner.
- Ability to follow instructions and provide support as directed by the Teacher and/or Trainer.