- Location: Across: Fitzroy North VIC, Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Sport
This position is on the Board of the Club, so hours will vary depending on what activities are going on. It is also a hands-on position in relation to doing social media, media, newsletters and website.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Director of Marketing and Communications promotes and markets the Fitzroy Football Club in a positive light, ensuring a consistency of voice and message to support the club’s strategic priorities. The Director of Marketing and Communications is the Club’s brand manager. They manage, appoint and coordinate communication-related suppliers to the Club, coordinate weekly communications with members via the Club’s channels, and act as the primary point of contact for all media requirements.
This is a hands-on role as well as governance position, meaning will be producing content in addition to supervising volunteers.
As a director of the Fitzroy Football Club, the Director of Marketing and Communications acts in the best interests of the Club and in line with its positive, collaborative, respectful culture, maintaining at all times a strict confidentiality with regard to FFC Board operations and decision making. They follow and uphold all relevant FFC, Good Sports and VAFA policies and guidelines (eg VAFA Amateur Status and Integrity Guidelines and FFC Spectator Code of Conduct, Alcohol Management Policy and Media and Social Media guidelines).
Key selection criteria
• Experience in communications, marketing and/or public relations • Experience implementing a marketing communications plan including knowledge and experience in social media, media, advertising, web content management, video and other online communication tools • Excellent written and oral communication skills • Excellent interpersonal communication skills • Ability to build and maintain relationships • A passion for football and its place in the community.
• Previous experience in marketing and communications in a community club context or other relevant community organisation • Experience in brand management • Sports journalism.
A detailed position description is available.