- Location: Tweed Heads NSW
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Service Centre Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
On the job training provided
- National Police Certificate *
• Experience and willingness to assist others with general enquiries
• Great communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
• Current drivers licence is advantageous however not essential
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
• Willingness to interact with a diverse range of people
• Ability to work in ways that are congruent with EPIC’s values and non-negotiable behaviours
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Ideally this volunteer will enjoy meeting new people and be at ease around those from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
This Volunteer Role reports to the Regional Coordinator. The purpose of the role is to assist individuals with disability, mental illness, injury or health conditions to maintain sustainable employment in the open labour market. The Volunteer will provide person centred assistance that will vary depending on the individual needs of each participant to achieve greater social inclusion through workforce participation and training.
Supporting People with Disability with;
- Letter writing and Resume Development
- Basic Computer skills - How to use emails, Apply for jobs online
- Running and supporting with Intensive job search sessions
Conceirge service - Meeting and greeting participants at Reception, Providing participants with Hot or Cold beverage and alerting consultants to their attendance
Support Education support group, Working with participants up to 8 at a time with completing their online studies, this will include guiding them towards finding the answers and trouble shooting any online system issues.