- Location: Darling Downs WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Operating days Monday, Wednesday, Saturday. A few hours on any of those days.
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Animals
Volunteer training days four times a year. Regular on-the-job training and risk assessment/management training provided throughout the year.
We pay for your working with children card and volunteer national police check. Food and drink provided . T shirt and hat after a qualifying period.
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We require volunteers to be side walkers and horse handlers and to assist with horse care and property maintenance. No prior horse experience required - full training provided. An open mind, a can do attitude and an ability to follow procedure are desirable. Sessions are conducted on a horse property in an outdoor arena. There is a fair degree of walking and physical activity involved - a good way to keep fit and have fun! Working with horses provides an opportunity for new learning and new skills. The unique sessions we run have a huge positive impact on our clients. The fun they have and the progress they make is both amazing and engaging - everyone benefits, everyone feels good !