- Location: Capel WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
2-3 hour sessions. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Working with Animals
Training provided by organisation
Tea and coffee
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
Able to get to venue in Capel.
Reasonable level of fitness.
Kindness towards people with disabilities.
Able to be on feet for up to 3 hours.
Able to walk on uneven ground.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Recreational, therapeutic and training with horses for those with disabilities.
• Feed and groom horses as well as provide water bucket. • Tack up horses as required for morning lessons. • Lead a horse or sidewalk a rider as required. • Assist in untacking horses and putting gear away in the tack room. • Help coach in setting out the activities in the riding arena and put away at the end of the morning.
No experience is necessary thought should not be afraid of horses and happy to work with children and adults with disabilities.