- Location: Kensington VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
Weekly during school terms on either a Monday or Wednesday 3.45pm-4.45pm
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Education & Training
- IT & Web Development
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Prepare for the Code Club session each week. This may include organizing resources and completing the project you will be doing with the children in advance.
- Delivery of the Code Club session each week to a group of up to 12 children using Scratch and Python.
- Meet with the Manager from time to time to provide input that assists in the evaluation of the Code Club program
- Liaising with parents of program participants
Skills, experience, attributes and requirements
- Have good communication skills
- Be confident with computers and possess a reasonable knowledge of programming
- Have the patience, enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to communicate with children
- Well organized with a professional attitude
- The successful completion of a Working with Children Check
- Two successful referee checks
- Willingness to commit to the position for a minimum of six months (or two terms)
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
The Kensington Neighbourhood House offers a range of recreational, social, educational and vocational classes as well as morning childcare. The programs cater primarily for disadvantaged people, families and older adults. The House’s programs operate according to the principles of community development including empowerment and support to become self-determining, working to establish a just society and building a harmonious community which respects diverse backgrounds.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.