- Location: Across: Victoria VIC, New South Wales NSW, South Australia SA, Queensland QLD, Tasmania TAS, Western Australia WA, Northern Territory NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
3 hours per week (flexible on the day(s) and time(s) each week)
- Online & Remote Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
About Us: PTW is a 100% skill-based volunteer-run-and-operated organization providing international aid through Health and Education. Our mission is to empower the world with quality health and education. All staff, and therefore all volunteers provide at least 3 hours of service to PTW in their respective role and volunteer from their own hometown. All positions within PTW are volunteer roles. Find out more at our website.
Role Type: This role can be completed entirely online with potential opportunities to participate in public-facing roles. The 3 hours of volunteering each week can be flexible around your preferred days and times. This department requires volunteers from a wide range of language and cultural backgrounds from around the world.
The Opportunity: The Human Resources department is responsible for the volunteering life-cycle of all volunteers. This includes:
- Talent acquisition, recruiting and screening of potential volunteers
- Facilitating onboarding and orientation of volunteers
- Managing, supporting and maintaining the volunteer group
- Facilitating good culture, ethics and volunteer practice within the organization
- Contribute to the writing and maintaining of policies and procedures
- Develop scalable policies and programs that are understood and delivered with maximum effectiveness and efficiency and support the achievement of PTW’s goals whilst remaining true to our core values, delivering a supportive, highly effective and inclusive workspace.
- Support and develop internal and external communications within the organization
- Depending on your skills and experience, your responsibilities within the HR Department can make you eligible for management, leadership or consultant roles and responsibilities.
Who This Role Is Suited For: This role is suited but not limited to professionals with experience or students completing a course involving volunteer management, recruitment, human resources, data analytics, project management or people management
About You: You love and thrive from working with people and care about the safety and wellbeing of others. You can motivate and inspire people around you. You are a hardworking, driven individual who is selfless and looking for the opportunity to give back through your skills and experience.
You are savvy with digital communication platforms and enjoy working within a diverse team. You are equally comfortable working independently and are proactive in seeing objectives completed to a high standard. You work well under stress and have good time management and organization skills.
You uphold your responsibilities whilst supporting your team to ensure the best outcomes for everyone. You welcome feedback and always seek to improve your abilities. You thrive with difficult challenges and are willing to go the extra step in ensuring success and excellence.
What You Can Look Forward To If You Join:
- Aside from the general benefits of volunteering, this opportunity will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Work with other professionals across the globe
- Volunteer within a flexible role that only requires 3 hours per week commitment
- Develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and driven team
- Provide the opportunity to be creative and develop your own professional abilities
- Know that your efforts are having an impact on global development
If you would like to apply for a volunteer role within the HR Team, fill the application form via our website.