- Location: East Maitland NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Monday to Saturday, time to be arranged, flexible. 2-3 hours per week.
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
• Orientation • Manual Handling • Volunteer’s fire safety • Infection Control • Mandatory reporting • Code of Conduct • Specific training for the role
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This organisation is seeking reliable volunteers who are able to converse at varying levels with residents in an aged care facility for the purpose of stimulating them.
The minimum age is 18 years and an intermediate level of spoken and written English is required.
- Meet new people
- Learn a new skill, or build on existing ones
- Giving back to the community
- Sense of personal satisfaction
- Gain valuable work experience
- Develop confidence and self-esteem
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay. If we do need to contact you by email, often our emails end up in “Junk Mail” – please check your Junk Mail for our response.
If this your first time volunteering or your first time volunteering in Australia you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday to learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.