- Location: East Maitland NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
1-2 hrs per week, Monday to Saturday (flexible)
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
• Orientation • Manual Handling • Volunteer’s fire safety • Infection Control • Mandatory reporting • Code of Conduct • Specific training for the role
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This organisation is seeking reliable volunteers who are able to converse one to one with residents of an aged care facility with varying levels of memory.
The minimum age is 18 years and the volunteer needs to be able to speak and write an intermediate level of English.
- Meet new people
- Learn a new skill, or build on existing ones
- Giving back to the community
- Sense of personal satisfaction
- Gain valuable work experience
- Develop confidence and self-esteem