- Location: East Maitland NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Disability Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
• Orientation • Manual Handling • Volunteer’s fire safety • Infection Control • Mandatory reporting • Code of Conduct • Specific training for the role
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This organisation is seeking reliable volunteers who are able to converse and engage at varying levels with residents in an aged care facility. Volunteer will also need to make tea and coffee etc.
Volunteers should speak and write an intermediate level of English. Minimum age is 14 years
Benefits: • Meet new people • Learn a new skill, or build on existing ones • Give back to the community • Sense of personal satisfaction • Gain valuable work experience • Develop confidence and self-esteem
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay. If we do need to contact you by email, our emails often end up in “Junk Mail”. Please check your Junk Mail for our response.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.