- Location: Preston VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
we require for a volunteer's to start from 10.30am - 1.30pm
- People with disability
Type of work
- Disability Support
we will provide training relevant to the duties of the volunteer as well as many other training.
- Driver's Licence (MR)
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
ADEC empowers people with disabilities and their carers from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and enable their full participation in the Victorian community. To achieve this, ADEC supports these people in accessing services and helps to ensure that these systems are inclusive and responsive to their needs. Social Support Group Activities Program ADEC’s social support groups meet on a monthly basis and offer culturally appropriate information, education, peer support and recreation sessions. There is no cost to attend the groups and light refreshments are provided at the activities. Program objectives
- To encourage participation of people from ethnic backgrounds in existing support/recreation services.
- To facilitate the development of an informal support network for group members
- To increase members’ knowledge of disability, recreation and support services
- To support carers and care recipients from ethnic backgrounds and address the issue of isolation and difficulties in access and integration of existing disability support services.
- To facilitate the empowerment of Carers and people with disability.
- Encourage group members to access Social Support Services
- Increase the participation rates in Disability and Respite services
- Provide formal/informal learning or training on issues identified by group members
- Encourage group members involvement in activities and planning
- Empower group members to make better informed decisions
from volunteering with ADEC volunteers will be up skilled and informative about various services. your volunteer work will have a great impact on our clients well being and social inclusion.