- Location: Across: Mount Druitt NSW, Blacktown NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Education & Training
A couple of hours each week during school terms. Our tutors are allocated a specific weekly class time each term.
- People with disability
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
We do not provide training to help tutors get qualified, but role-specific training is provided.
Role Our English Conversation Tutors help students to improve their English. Volunteer tutors work with small groups of adults who are developing English language skills necessary to live and work in our community.
- Mount Druitt Library, Mount Druitt - Wednesday, 10.00am – 12.00pm.
- Max Webber Library, Blacktown – Wednesday and/or Saturday, 10.00am – 12.00pm
Experience Required Must have qualifications (Mission Australia, TAFE AMEP or other ESOL course) and experience in teaching adult education.
Duration of volunteering Able to commit regularly for a minimum of six months.