- Location: Brisbane City QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Mentoring & Advocacy
5 - 7 hours a week. It varies based on campaign moments, at times will be demanding, at other times less so.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Fundraising & Events
- Marketing, Media, & Communications
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Tutoring & Coaching
Team ongoing mentoring and support
You’ll join a community of like-minded and passionate people.
Our greatest strength is our volunteers - who are passionate, driven and inspired to create change. We all bring different and unique skills, experiences and quirks to the table and you’ll learn from the role and from the people around you. Together we share the common unshakable belief that we are all equal, that we can work together to change the status quo for the good of all.
What we’re looking for:
*Someone passionate about ending poverty, and committed to taking action to build the political will to end poverty. *A “people person”, who is excellent at building relationships and who loves to inspire, develop and motivate others. *Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organisation and time management skills. If: *You love creating something that encourages efficiency and ensures high-quality results. *You have a creative mindset and are willing to experiment, fail fast and fail often. *You love solving problems, big and small, and are relentless in getting to solutions.
If any one of the above qualities speaks to you we encourage you to apply!
We know our capacity to create change is amplified by diversity. We want to ensure everyone's individuality can thrive because you’re at your best when you can be yourself. We encourage applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
What you’ll get out of it
- Be part of a community of like-minded people committed to creating change.
- Build meaning relationships across the country with volunteers, staff and partner organisations, that will see and impacted by your work.
- Grow expertise in practical skills like running meetings, setting up processes and managing internal communications.
- Build your skills in People management and leadership, including recruitment, training and diversity strategy.