- Location: Glandore SA
- Commitment: One off - a few hours
- Category: Community Services
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Groups of 10 or more
- Travelling Volunteers
- Work Experience
- Younger volunteers, aged 14-18
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Sport & Physical Activity
- National Police Certificate *
There are no requirements to volunteering with us at our Food Nights, other than having the eagerness to join in! HOWEVER, if you wish to volunteer DIRECTLY with the children, you will need to have a current Police Clearance for the event or else you will not be able to volunteer with them.
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Our Food Nights are an early intervention, family strengthening program that is held every Monday night (including Public Holidays) in the backyard of our premises at Glandore!
Each Monday, we are looking for volunteers to help us:
- serve dinner or tea and coffee
- talk and socialise with families and people - be a listening ear to those in need
- help run the food market
- read stories to children
- run fine motor skill activities with children
- run gross motor skill activities with children
- help distribute presents for the parents to take home for their children
- cook dinner or other Christmas sweets
- traffic safety wardens
- face painting
- balloon artistry
- photography of the day
- provide different types of entertainment for the children
- Just have fun!
We have jobs and tasks for everyone and anyone of any age! We at Puddle Jumpers support some of South Australia's most vulnerable children, and through our service of Community Food Nights, we are keeping families together, for longer.