- Location: Alice Springs NT
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disaster Relief
During activation According to Emergency roster
- Families with Children
- Groups of 10 or more
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
Mandatory: Evacuation Centre Management (1 day), Psychological First Aid (1 day), Child safe practic
Pre approved expenses
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and willing to take direction
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Be prepared to operate under adverse working conditions and maintain good spirits
- Demonstrate flexibility in coping with the changing impact of an emergency.
- Able to respond to an emergency activation irrespective of the time/day and be on a roster for deployment where required.
- Be prepared and able to work shifts of up to 8- 12 hours
- Contactable by mobile phone and email
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance)
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Help us to reduce the impact of disasters on people. We work with communities before, during and after emergencies to help reduce vulnerability, ensure immediate needs are met and provide effective humanitarian support.
Red Cross Emergency Services Volunteers provide basic psychosocial support (Psychological First Aid) to people during emergency events, including but not limited to: relief/evacuation centres, registration venues, or within an emergency affected area during the emergency. Work may be conducted in a variety of settings, and usually requires registering affected people and connecting them to services and support networks.
- A commitment to respond to emergency events within local area
- Attend compulsory training
- Work with all Red Cross Personnel in a respectful and supportive way
- Work to direction from a Team Leader during operational activities
- Ensure that Red Cross is positively represented in the community
- Promote a proactive approach to management of OH&S issues.
- Comply with all applicable Red Cross policies including confidentiality and child safety