- Location: Perth WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Drug & Alcohol Services
Negotiable days and times
- Skilled Volunteers
- Online & Remote Volunteers
Type of work
- Counselling & Help Line
Training will be provided
Reimbursements as arranged
- National Police Certificate *
A National Police Check will be paid for by the organisation
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
YOU MUST BE A PARENT OF A CHILD WHO IS OR HAS HAD DRUG OR ALCOHOL ADDICTION to volunteer for this position
Has your child/children (of any age) been involved with drugs and/or alcohol? Have you been through hell and back not knowing where to get information and support? Have you had to deal with the loneliness, isolation, stigma and shame; the constant worry of not knowing where they are or if they're safe; the financial burden of paying for treatment or paying off dealers?
The role of the PARENT PEER VOLUNTEER is to provide telephone peer support to parents calling the service in distress about their son or daughter's drug or alcohol use.