- Location: Acton ACT
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Young People
One weekday per week for 1-2 hours in the afternoon (e.g. 3-4 or 4-6)
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Education & Training
- Working with Children Check *
Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) check/card (volunteer).
Must be willing to do a police check.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
We are currently looking for someone to teach basic hair art in a workshop setting to disadvantaged YP in our Street University site.
The role consists of:
- Hair Art workshops in the afternoon once a week
- Planning the workshops
- Running workshops with YP
- Supervising YP with assistance from Street University staff.
We have previously run such workshops, and they provide useful and valuable skills to young people who may come from disadvantaged backgrounds. It provides them with an advantage when applying later to apprenticeships, or other training opportunities. Finally, it can give them a desire to learn more, or a realisation of being able to do something useful.