- Location: North Hobart TAS, Launceston TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Education Support - Operational Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm Administration Support - Operational Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
- Work Experience
Type of work
- Disability Support
- Mediation & Advocacy
- Tutoring & Coaching
On the job training provided
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
• Experience or willingness to support people with disabilities to achieve their goals
• Good communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
• The ability to build and maintain relationships, whilst demonstrating an awareness of and respect for interpersonal diversity with both internal and external stakeholders
• Current drivers licence is advantageous however not essential
• A willingness to undertake continuous learning
• Preparedness to take initiative and be solutions focused
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
• Auslan or second Language not essential but advantageous
• Ability to work in ways that are congruent with EPIC’s values and non-negotiable behaviours
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
This Volunteer Role reports to the Regional Coordinator. The purpose of the role is to assist individuals with disability, mental illness, injury or health conditions to maintain sustainable employment in the open labour market. The Volunteer will provide person centred assistance that will vary depending on the individual needs of each participant to achieve greater social inclusion through workforce participation and training.
Education support - Working with participants up to 8 at a time with completing their online studies. This will include guiding them towards finding the answers and trouble shooting any online system issues.
Should you have a willingness to provide encouragement, have good interpersonal skills, and are passionate to assist others to achieve their goals, this is the role for you !