- Location: Kooyong VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Disability Services
Shifts available Monday to Fridays either 9.00am - 1.00pm or 1.00pm to 4.30pm. You will need to attend regular shifts.
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Disability Support
Training for this role includes:- Volunteer Essentials - Volunteer Essentials (understanding vision conditions)- Greeting & Guiding (practical) - Role specific (as required)
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Vision Australia.
Do you enjoy meeting new people? We are seeking a volunteer one day a week to be the first point of contact for our front reception, by meeting and greeting visitors into our Kooyong centre.
Tasks and Responsibilities: – operate reception – answer phones and send faxes – assist with organising deliveries and taxi bookings – greeting visitors – guiding visitors around the building – assisting with administrational tasks – provide general information to all visitors as required
Skills and Experience: Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Working with people who are blind or have low vision Desirable Skills (not essential):
- Administration skills
- Attention to detail
- Fund raising skills
- Good written skills and fluent English speaking
- Promotion of Vision Australia services
- Team work skills
- Time management skills
- Working with minimal supervision
- Working with children or young people aged 0 to 18 years
- This type of volunteer provides support to the business by addressing individual needs of clients and/ or staff members when requested at any of the Vision Australia Service Centre locations.
- It is a great opportunity for people to further develop their administrational skills, as the role incorporates variety and a lot of role specific training is provided in all areas of administration.
- It also is a great option for someone who enjoys people contact and customer service in a very friendly, collaborative and fun environment.