- Location: Elizabeth Vale SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
The Ladies Outing Group operates on a weekly basis each Friday. The times can vary depending on the venue visited on that particular day and are usually between 8.30 am and 4.00 pm. Volunteers generally meet at LMVA, Haydown Road Elizabeth Vale.
- Skilled Volunteers
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Driving & Transportation
- Companionship & Social Support
Induction into the role and on the job training. Regular training including Mandatory Training
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Outing group is a fun day out each Friday for ladies 65 and over to socialise and enjoy each others company.
Your role could alternate between assisting with the driving and ensuring clients have a safe and happy day out. General knowledge of suburbs helpful. Hours are between 8:30 and 4:00 with a lunch supplied Police clearance and DCSI - Aged will be done by the Lyell McEwin Volunteer Association.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A friendly and caring approach.
- An ability to communicate easily with older people.
- A current National Police check
- A current DCSI in Aged Care.
- A valid driver’s licence ( no driving offences).
- A general knowledge of Adelaide suburban areas.
- A commitment to be able to work on Fridays.
- A flexible approach to both time and dealing with older clients.
Volunteer employment is subject to satisfactory National Police Clearance and DCSI Aged Clearance and must ensure drivers licence is current.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.