- Location: Across: Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Human Rights
The time required is dependent on the applicant but a few hours per week is a rough guide.
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Fundraising & Events
- National Police Certificate *
- Working with Children Check *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Who we are:
Hope for Nauru provides social and material support for people seeking asylum in Australia who are detained on the small island of Nauru. We also provide ad-hoc, limited outreach support to refugees in detention and in the community in NSW, VIC and QLD.
We are 100% volunteer-run. Nobody, from our graphic designers to our Directors, is paid for their time.
Who we need:
We’re in need of an exceptional fundraising volunteer who can support the coordination of small online campaigns, build corporate partnerships, identify and apply for grant opportunities. This can be done from anywhere in Australia, but Sydney and Melbourne are favourable.
- Ensure donor database is up to date and current;
- Handle all correspondence for individual, workplace, community fundraisers and supporters;
- Build and nurture strong relationships with supporters;
- Increase number of regular givers;
- Create and run fundraising campaigns on various channels (social, EDM, etc);
- Call donors to thank them for their donations;
- Identify and apply for any relevant grants;
- Develop and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects;
- Solicit major gifts from businesses and high-wealth individuals.
- Proven track record working in a similar role within a fundraising environment;
- Superior communication skills;
- Capable of managing tasks autonomously and working as part of a team;
- Experience developing multi-channel fundraiser communication campaigns;
- Experience in maintaining donor records;
- Experience soliciting major gifts;
- Experience in writing grants applications;
- Passion for human rights, in particular, those of refugees and asylum seekers.
If you’re interested in contributing to our organisation and making a real difference in the lives of refugees and asylum seekers, we’re keen to hear from you.