- Location: Across: Hawthorn SA, Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
The teams operate on a three weekly roster in the late afternoon/early evening 4.30pm - 7.30pm. Saturdays
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Companionship & Social Support
On the job
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Fred's Van provides a free evening meal in the CBD 5 nights per week, serving nearly 20,000 people each year. This service provides a meal from a van, on the streets of Adelaide, and has been doing so for 25 years. This service provides a meal to those who may be struggling with mental health, dependency and homelessness, therefore empathy and understanding of these are essential.
This role is requires people with energy, patience and a non-judgemental mindset. Advantageous skills:
- ability to drive a manual vehicle
- first aid qualification
- mental health first aid qualification
- previous volunteering within a similar field
- can do attitude
- sense of humour essential
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.