- Location: Across: Port Adelaide SA, Gawler SA, Parafield SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Young People
* Weekly parade nights (2 hrs) during school term between 7.00pm and 9pm * Occasional weekend camping and outing events
- Families with Children
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Tutoring & Coaching
- Sport & Physical Activity
- Companionship & Social Support
We offer a structured adult training program, mentoring from current leaders and training courses for adult volunteers that typically take 4 to 5 months to complete, so this role requires a regular commitment of at least 6 months or more.
All training provided
- Working with Children Check *
* No previous experience required
* Enthusiasm and dedication with a strong interest in aviation
* Be able to effectively motivate, communicate and work with young people aged 8-18 years
* Ability to communicate and share leadership with other adults
* Set a high standard of behaviour through personal example to young members.
* Be prepared to complete basic training (self paced course)
* Reasonable joining fees and uniform costs are applicable
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Australian Air League’s South Australia Wing is seeking to recruit additional adult volunteers to assist with the supervision and development of their youth membership.
What Is the Australian Air League?
The Australian Air League is a youth organisation, for boys and girls aged from 8 to 18 years, which provides cadet members with leadership and life skills while encouraging interest and participation in aviation as a career or hobby.
Cadets attend Squadron parade nights once a week, where they take part in a variety of activities including ceremonial drill, team building, physical training, model aircraft, First Aid, camp craft, aviation theory and navigation – with opportunities from time to time to experience flight simulators, air field visits, aviation events, aircraft inspections and flight experiences.
How Can I Get Involved?
Adult volunteer officers are uniformed members who supervise the cadets and coordinate the squadron’s activities – frequently with the opportunity to participate in airfield site visits, gliding, trainee flights and other exciting experiences at the same time. No previous aviation experience is necessary as training is provided by the Air League. All that is required is enthusiasm, dedication and an interest in aviation and youth development.
An ability to communicate effectively in youth group settings, work well with others and a willingness to model high standards of behaviour by example to cadets – are essential.
The South Australia Wing operates Squadrons at Gawler, Port Adelaide and Parafield and is looking to grow, but it requires additional adult officers to assist in growing the Wing.
How Can I Learn More?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with the Australian Air League you can learn more about this organisation and the activities it undertakes by contacting us on 1800 502 175 or via email using this post
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.