- Location: Across: Hobart TAS, Sandy Bay TAS, Moonah TAS, West Hobart TAS
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Environment & Conservation
Type of work
- Administration & Office Management
- Fundraising & Events
- Research, Policy & Analysis
Please Note: As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the level of coverage for volunteers due to various restrictions to ensure they are covered for the roles they will be undertaking.
Do you have a love and passion for the environment? Do you believe in the power of people to make change? Read on.
It’s been a long time since politicians cared what activists thought. With no one to hold decision-makers to account, they’ve been free to shrug their shoulders at climate change, deforestation, depleting fisheries, plastic oceans and the extinction crisis. Bu here’s something our politicians can’t ignore.
• An organised movement that builds support from street level, up. • Teams of persuasive, highly-trained environmental leaders, with the social networks, skills, tools and energy to hustle for change. • Someone like you knocking on every door in their electorate and shaping the conversation. • Especially at election time.
This is the heart of Movement For Life - our community organizing program.
Movement For Life is creating thousands of local leaders for nature — and we need people like you to strengthen our voice. Movement For Life gives you the building blocks to spread your values and create change in your community.Together, we’ll put the political power back in the hands of people who care. And we are doing it one neighborhood at a time.
We need passionate people who will work with us to establish local environment groups in their community. These groups will advocate for better outcomes for nature in their own communities: cleaner local beaches, rivers, parks and better habitat for local wildlife. We will skill you up to become skilled and effective campaigners and organizers through our proven training program, and call on your help to strengthen our statewide and national campaigns.