- Location: Hawthorn SA, Adelaide SA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Homeless
4.00pm - 7.30pm Saturdays on a 3 weekly roster
- Skilled Volunteers
Type of work
- Food Preparation & Service
- Companionship & Social Support
On the job
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
This role will suit someone with the following skills:
- a desire to help others
- experience in managing of others/team
- decision making skills
- experience of working in a team
- ability to show compassion and empathy
- energy and desire to run a smooth event
* During the Covid-19 pandemics, organisations should be providing all necessary Covid-19 safety protection measures for volunteers following the advice of both the Sate or Territory Governments and the Federal Government. Your safety and wellbeing is your priority. Familiarise yourself with the most up-to-date requirements and advice from the Australian and NT and SA State Governments.
* As each organisation provides different levels/types of insurance, volunteers are reminded to check with the organisation as to the type of insurance provided for volunteers (e.g. Volunteer Personal Accident Insurance).
* Best practice volunteer involvement recommends that a volunteer role should not be more than 15-16 hours per week.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Fred's Van provides a free evening meal in the CBD 5 nights a week, serving nearly 20,000 people each year. This service provides a meal from a van, on the streets of Adelaide, and has been doing so for 25 years. The team leader provides leadership to a team of approx. 10 volunteers, ensuring attendance, leadership guidance for the evening at the kitchen in the preparation of the food, loading of the van and at the service site in the CBD.
This is a new team, currently we are recruiting for all team members
The time commitment is between approx. 4.00pm - 7.30pm on a Saturday once every 3 weeks. There are quarterly team leader meetings which are a requirement, held in the evening.
For the chosen candidate there will be assisted training which will encompass the full understanding of our service, including other services provided by Vinnies.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.