- Location: South Brisbane QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
1 or more day per week 0930 to 1630
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Skilled Volunteers
- Travelling Volunteers
Type of work
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
- Working with Children Check *
We are looking for candidates with following qualities:
• Ability to accept responsibility
• Patient and tactful
• Understanding and acceptance of different cultures
• Good organizational skills
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to think logically
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Able to cope with the physical demands of the job (walking around the site and over the Diamantina during the day)
• A good level of spoken English
• A second or third language (beneficial)
• Pleasant and helpful
• Enthusiastic and interested in the exhibits
• Great professional demeanour and appearances
• Good people and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Organizational abilities
• Must be a team player
• Able to act firmly when needed
• Alert, observant and security conscious
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Queensland Maritime Museum attracts more than 40,000 visitors per annum including families, school groups, tour groups, inner-state and international visitors.
We are now looking for enthusiastic Museum Guides to show small groups of visitors (school students and other groups) around the museum’s permanent and temporary exhibitions, and through our popular vessels for one or more days per week from 9.30 to 16.30.
A guided tour with a group takes between one and two hours and can be physically demanding in the heat at times. All you need is enthusiasm, the ability to commit to regular times, and an interest in Queensland’s maritime history. Full training will be provided to all new candidates.