- Location: Victoria Park WA
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
Type of work
- Arts, Craft & Photography
- Companionship & Social Support
- Trades & Maintenance
on the job training
- Driver's Licence (C)
- National Police Certificate *
1. Valid “C” class drivers licence
2. Police Clearance dated within the last six months (If the candidate does not possess one, it can be applied for by VisAbility during the volunteer application process)
3. Good navigational and safe driving history
1. Current Senior First Aid certificate
2. Knowledge of the impact of disability on the life of a person living with disability and their family.
3. Experience offering clients with vision loss sport, recreation and leisure services.
4. Ability to demonstrate and assist client in safe and correct practices.
5. Experience in sport, recreation and leisure activities (preferably including arts, craft and manual arts).
6. Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
- Assist with any woodwork activity requirements.
- Provide instruction and support to clients to facilitate skill development and participation in their chosen woodwork project.
- Adapt techniques, equipment and activities (as instructed/ authorised) to meet individual client needs.
- Clean and maintain equipment in a safe working order and report any worn or unsafe equipment to the Coordinator or Activity Officers.
- Assist with storage of equipment and housekeeping duties.
- Adhere to all relevant policies, standards, regulations and legislation.
- Report to the Coordinator or Activity Officers any difficulties or concerns which may impact on the safe and effective running of the Centre.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures aboard vehicles, at external venues and within the centre to ensure the safety of clients, volunteers and staff.
- Assist in other areas of Therapy and Support Services as required.