- Location: Gympie QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Museums & Heritage
Morning And Afternoon shifts available on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Minimum 5 hour shift.
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Safety & Emergency Services
- Tour Guides, Information, & Heritage
SARC (Safely Access the Rail Corridor), First Aid, Safety Training
- Working with Children Check *
- Blue card required
- Must be confident and outgoing and willing to learn basic information about the train and the journey.
- Must be able to commit to the shifts that they sign up for
- Must be willing to undergo basic training
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Join the journey on the Mary Valley Rattler as it winds its way through the scenic Mary Valley. Volunteers will be focused on the guest experience, customer service, safety monitoring & messaging and general journey information.
- Punching tickets
- Assisting passengers with boarding & disembarking
- Safety monitoring - making sure people stay behind the white line on the platforms, ensuring guests stay within the confines of the train during the journey.
- Communicating with the train driver & crew
- Communicating with other On-Board attendants throughout the journey
- Knowledge of the train journey and destination stations/townships
- Be willing to learn basic historical information about the Rattler
- Be armed with interesting facts to entertain during the journey
- Assisting with guest movement through the carriages, at destination stations where required.
- General daily cleaning of the carriage you are responsible for.
- Managing & maintaining a small carriage kit that includes on-board collateral.