- Location: Hawthorn VIC
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Health
This role requires that the plants are watered and maintained. The regularity of visits to fulfill this may vary over the seasons.
- People with disability
- People Learning English
- Centrelink Volunteers
- Wheelchair Access
Type of work
- Garden Maintenance
Volunteers will be provided with an organisation based and a role specific induction.
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Certificate *
- Driver's Licence (C)
- Application form
- Reference checks
- Induction session
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
The Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre is advertising this role on behalf of Access Health and Community.
We are increasing the well being for our clients, volunteers and paid staff by introducing a new forest of indoor plants to our clinical and office spaces. We are looking for someone who has a green thumb and a friendly manner to visit these new additions to the Access Health and Community environment to water and care for them.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Driving yourself, or using public transport, to attend all the Access Health & Community sites once a week (Currently locations are across the Cities of Yarra, Boroondara and Manningham)
- Plant maintenance
- Watering the indoor plant pots
- Wiping the leaves of the plants to remove any dust
- Removing dead or diseased parts of the plant
- Working within an environment where clients and other staff may also be present
Skills and Experience;
- A friendly, respectful manner is needed to deal with various locations and occasions that the plant whisperer may find themselves in whilst visiting our sites and engaging with our community
- A basic knowledge of plant maintenance is required
- Volunteers benefit from being part of a dynamic team and working in a community based venue
- The volunteer's work will also be recognised through acknowledgment gifts and events
Note: This role could be one that is shared amongst a small group of people - splitting the responsibilities based on venue or attendance times.
You can not apply for this role as it is no longer available.