- Location: Marrickville NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3-6 hours flexible days Mon - Sa
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
- Sport & Physical Activity
Training and orientation will be provided.
Do you enjoy going for a drive and meeting people, and want to help out your local community? An exciting opportunity is now available for an ongoing volunteer to assist the driver of a delivery van for a food rescue and distribution charity. The successful applicant will deliver bread from our Marrickville Outreach Centre to charities and clients in the Inner West and Western Suburbs, as an offsider in one of our Toyota HiAce vans. The minimum commitment is three hours per week, with various days and flexible times available.
- check deliveries against the run manifest
- assist driver to load the van in reverse delivery order (first in, last out) unload empty crates end of shift.
- lift moderate weight (up to 15 kg)
- advise the driver on the order of delivery
- deliver bread in accordance with the client’s request
Skills: • Reliability, punctuality and good organisational skills • Agility to enter and exit the van cabin • Ability to follow directions • Greet clients in a friendly and courteous manner
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you to make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.