- Location: Marrickville NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
3-16 hours per week flexible times Monday - Saturday
Type of work
- Driving & Transportation
Training and orientation will be provided
- Driver's Licence (C)
Do you enjoy driving and meeting people and want to help out your local community? An exciting opportunity is now available for an ongoing volunteer driver to collect and deliver bread for a food rescue and distribution charity. The successful applicant will deliver bread from our Marrickville Outreach Centre to charities and clients in the Inner West and Western Suburbs, driving one of our Toyota HiAce vans. If you are over 25 and hold a current Australian Class C (car) Drivers Licence, this organisation would like to hear from you. The minimum commitment is three hours per week, with various days and flexible times available.
- check deliveries against the run manifest
- load the van in reverse delivery order (first in, last out) unload empty crates at end of day
- lift moderate weight (up to 15 kg) --deliver bread in accordance with the client’s request
Skills: • Reliability, punctuality and good organisational skills • Ability to follow directions • Ability to use a street directory or GPS navigation • Calm and courteous driving manner
Benefits: Volunteering allows you to connect to your community and make it a better place. Dedicating your time as a volunteer helps you to make new friends, expand your network, raise your self-confidence, improve your social and work skills and achieve a natural sense of accomplishment.