- Location: Blaxland NSW
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Community Services
1 - 6 hours a week between 9:30am -4:30pm flexible week days.
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Job orientation training is provided along with support meetings and on-going supervision. The volunteer will have access to regular face-to-face training as well as online training.
- National Police Certificate *
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Volunteers are need to provide a home visit and/or regular phone contact with older people living in the Lower Mountains area.
The volunteer will be providing social support that will enable the client to have access to the community for assisted shopping, banking, library and medical or social appointments. They may also be needed to provide assistance with tasks such as letter writing, reading, accompanying on walks and other recreational activities as agreed mutually with the service, client and volunteer
- To acknowledge the rights of the clients
- To attend training and volunteer support meeting on a regular basis
- To maintain a good working relationship with the Coordinator to assist in providing effective communication and feedback to enhance service provision.
The volunteer must have good listening skills and be empathetic and compassionate.
- Meaningful connections with residents in the local community.
- Allowing people to maintain active participation in their local community and to live fulfilling lives.
- Meeting new people.
Volunteering NSW’s Volunteer Referral Service assists individuals to find volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, location and time available to volunteer.
Be sure to provide a phone number on your Expression of Interest, so we can contact you without delay.
If this your first time volunteering, or your first time volunteering in Australia, you may wish to attend Volunteering NSW’s Bridge to Volunteering information seminar held every Friday and learn more about volunteering, how to choose the right volunteer job, the benefits of volunteering and your rights and responsibilities as a volunteer. Details on how to register for this seminar will be included on the email you receive when you Express Interest in this role.