- Location: Bray Park QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Fourth Tuesday of each month 11am till 1pm approximately
- Centrelink Volunteers
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Food Preparation & Service
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation and on the job
- National Police Certificate *
All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Address: Anam Cara Aged Care Community, 42-52 Lavarack Rd, Bray Park QLD 4500
BBQ time everyone?
Our Anam Cara Aged Care Community at Bray Park is seeking a volunteer to assist with the cooking of a BBQ lunch for residents on the fourth Tuesday of each month. Enthusiasm, cheerfulness and BBQ experience are essential attributes for this role as well as:
- Working within Wesley Mission Queensland’s Safe work practices including infection control and food handling guidelines.
- Ensuring BBQ equipment is safe and BBQ is left clean.
- Encouraging friendship and fun in a relaxed environment.
- Other tasks as required.
Anam Cara means ‘Soul Place’ and is an innovative and award winning aged care community. Residents enjoy a resort style community with expansive outdoor gardens, children’s playgrounds and BBQ areas that can be enjoyed by residents, families and friends.
Anam Cara has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care and became the first aged care home in Qld to be awarded full Eden in Oz and NZ registration. It is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally.
We look forward to hearing from you!