- Location: Bray Park QLD
- Commitment: Regular - more than 6 months
- Category: Seniors & Aged Care
Volunteers are currently required at the following times: Fortnightly bus trips – Friday 9am till 1pm
Type of work
- Companionship & Social Support
- Seniors & Aged Care
Orientation and on the job training is provided.
- National Police Certificate *
All checks are provided and paid for by Wesley Mission Queensland.
All applicants will be required to complete an online registration form which will be forwarded to them when their expression of interest is lodged with us.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Address: Anam Cara Aged Care Community, 42-52 Lavarack Rd, Bray Park QLD 4500
Do you enjoy going on bus trips? Our Anam Cara Aged Care Community at Bray Park are seeking expressions of interest from people who would like to be involved with assisting residents on their fortnightly bus trips and keeping them company while travelling.
Outings Assistants help us with:
- Assisting residents on and off the bus.
- Making sure residents are safe while on the bus (wearing seat belts etc.).
- Including residents in activities that occur on the bus or outing.
- Report any feedback through to the workplace supervisor.
- Ensuring positive interactions with residents so they can maintain an enriched lifestyle.
- Assisting with the serving of refreshments.
- Enjoying a fun filled day!
Please note: No personal care work is involved in this role.
Volunteers are currently required at the following times:
Fortnightly bus trips – Friday 9am till 1pm
Anam Cara means ‘Soul Place’ and is an innovative and award winning aged care community. Residents enjoy a resort style community with expansive outdoor gardens, children’s playgrounds and BBQ areas that can be enjoyed by residents, families and friends.
Anam Cara has embraced the internationally-recognised Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care and became the first aged care home in Qld to be awarded full Eden in Oz and NZ registration. It is a lovely, welcoming and rewarding place to volunteer where you will meet many wonderful people and learn great new skills that may assist you both personally and professionally.
We look forward to hearing from you!