- Location: Murdoch WA
- Commitment: Regular - less than 6 months
- Category: Health
Mon - Fri 3-hour shifts
Type of work
- Education & Training
- Seniors & Aged Care
- Tour Guides, Information & Heritage
Induction & On the Job training
Free Parking and Tea and Coffee
- National Police Certificate *
• National Police Clearance (Cost will be covered by the organisation);
• Up to date with immunisations (Cost will be covered by the organisation);
• Confidence in dealing with people from different cultures, backgrounds and ages;
• Must be fluent in the English language with strong verbal, reading and writing skills;
• Basic Computer and telephone skills.
* May be arranged via the Organisation. Details to be provided on expression of interest.
Your role will involve: Approaching and talking to patients, families and carers in the hospital wards and at the discharge point who may benefit from referrals to Support Groups and community services; listening empathetically to patients, families and carers, and gaining an understanding of their support requirements; and accurately entering patient contact details and support requirements into an electronic referral form. As a Community Link Booth volunteer, you will be required to visit the emergency department, transition wards and outpatient clients and to do this you need to be willing to be screened for immunisation purposes. Volunteers will be working in a friendly and supportive team environment with ongoing training provided. This is a great opportunity to volunteer and to give back to the community.